Jackfruit fully complements pork ribs well. The hint of spiciness is mellowed down by the rich jackfruit taste.
|Pork ribs||1 kg, cut into 3 cm pieces|
|3.||Cooking oil||2 tablespoon|
|4.||Lemon grass||2 stalks, bruised|
|5.||Ginger||50g, peeled and sliced|
|7.||Chicken stock||6 cups|
1. Combine pork ribs and 100g of spice base, mix well and marinate for 1 hour.
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat cooking oil and add remaining spice base and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add marinated meat, lemon grass, ginger and chillies. Saute over medium fire until meat changes colour.
4. Add 3 cups of chicken stock, bring to boil before reducing to small fire and simmer until meat is almost cooked. If it becomes too dry, add in more stock.
5. In the meantime, boil 12 cups of salted water, add in jackfruit and return to boil for 15 minutes or until almost cook. Drain jackfruit and transfer to ice water to cool.
6. Add jackfruit to meat and simmer until both are tender.